Old Fort Park
  • Pin It
  • Children Ages

    Newborn to Adult

Old Fort Park

The original park site was once private farm land which was then bought by the City of Murfreesboro in 1965. The park was dedicated on October 29, 1977. The park comprises 50 acres and has three picnic shelters, two play grounds, two baseball fields, eight tennis courts and green areas. In 2010, the City began a $330,000 restoration project aimed at improving the quality of the waterways and preserving the natural spaces.

In October 2013, the City broke ground on a new $3.7 million indoor tennis facility. The joint-venture with Middle Tennessee State University will feature eight new tennis courts and will be open to the public as well as serve as the home of the Blue Raider men's and women's tennis programs.

Kids' Castle
The main playground of the park is "Kids' Castle" which was built in 1995[5] over the site of the original playground. Initially built of wood, the Castle was rebuilt in 2012 using synthetic materials at a cost of $300,000.

Categories
Location
map
  • Where
    1025 Old Fort Pkwy (Golf Ln) Murfreesboro, TN 37129
  • Contact Information Murfreesboro Parks and Recreation Department
Comments (0)

Be the first to add a comment