• Pin It

Cana Island Lighthouse

Walk across the rock causeway from the Door County mainland to the island. Step inside the keeper's house where, beginning in 1869, the first of a number of lighthouse keepers tended to the light which guided sailors and protected them from the dangerous shoals extending out from the island into Lake Michigan. Take a look in the oil house, where fuel for the light was stored prior to days when electricity came to the island.

Location
map
Comments (0)

Be the first to add a comment